Monday, November 9, 2015

NEW Scrapbook Diaries Autumn Page Kit & NEW Stamps Designed by Me!


You know how you come across a design element that you really love and want to use it over and over again?  Lately for me it's been mushrooms!  I love the earthy, whimsical effect they give a page design! That's why as soon as I saw this paper collection by Blue Fern Studio's, I sent Janene from The Scrapbook Diaries a note saying we had to use this collection in a kit! 


There is a little fussy cutting in this page design, but nothing tricky and it's done quickly without a lot of fuss, but I think the effect is the difference between and nice page and a page that packs a punch!


As always there are lovely floral accents as well as mixed media products (an awesome new Shimmerz Paints product called Black Cherry Soda Creameez) that are incorporated into the kit products.  And with the purchase of the kit you also get unlimited access to a private VIDEO TUTORIAL that I created on how to use the kit ingredients to make up this page design for yourself!


I should mention I used a mixture of a molding paste and some gesso to for the texture element on this page but I really feel that I would have been better off using my home-made texture paste recipe for this, I found that the mixture of Gesso and molding paste was too thin, and ran under the stencil. You can find the texture paste recipe HERE.


Also included in this kit are these lovely intricate European wood embellishments, I just love the fine detailing in them.....they can be a little delicate but once attached to the page (I use Tombow Liquid Adhesive) they are good and solid.

If you would like to give this kit a try, be sure to grab yours today, the kits go pretty quick! I should also mention that these kits always come with a free/bonus kit page designed by Janene Meyerowitz (the talented owner of The Scrapbook Diaries), and let me say, her bonus page is spectacular! You can find the details for this kit HERE. Note: This kit is offered in a Basic Kit, Complete Kit or 'Plus' Kit....I used the awesome 'North Star' stencil in a kit a while back so some of the regular kit purchasers may already have this stencil, so Janene offers a kit minus the stencil to save money for those buyers. xo
 

Before I close my post for today I thought I'd share some exciting news!  I have 3 NEW Stamp collections available at The Scrapbook Diaries.....and Janene has restocked some of my Sold Out
stamp collections as well!



I don't know if any of you remember a project I did a little while back, a kind of Shabby chic wall art design.  I hand sketched this couture figure for it.  Many of you wrote to me saying you do not find it easy to sketch out this sort of figure design, so I was asked if I would create a stamp design like it. You asked for it, so I made it!  I also included the quote I used as part of the stamp design....with a few little extra's added in.  I will be doing some sample card designs up using this Haute Couture stamp soon!

Another new stamp design I came out with was this Borders & Textures Stamp set.  I do this hand-doodled border design on some of my scrapbook pages. Takes a few minutes to do, but thought, a quicker way to get this design onto a page is turning it into a stamp! I also added some fun elements that I love using for background stamping on my pages, dots, wood grain and burlap!  Again I will be showing how I'd use these stamps in some future projects.


And continuing my fascination for textural elements, I made up this Loose Threads stamp set which has cheesecloth snippets, a loose-weave burlap and circle-thread designs.....all fun for creating unique background designs for your cards and scrapbook projects.

All these stamps and some of my sold out previous stamp collections are now available at The Scrapbook Diaries!  You can pick up your sets HERE.

I always love to see the work that you all create using some of the stamps and stencils I've designed so please be sure to tag me in on Facebook and Instagram (my instagram name is Gabrielleshutterbug) when you post your work! xo

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I always appreciate all the kind comments and feedback, your words make my day! xo


17 comments:

Lisa Landry said...

very pretty page Gabi! Love the soft colors and the design.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such Gorgeousness Gabi! (and isn't Chloe all grown up:)
Love your fussy-cutting w/ all that texture! (burlap, lace, stencil & chips) This l/o is beautiful~ Karen O

Petras Bastelschätze said...

WOW Gabrielle what a stunning layout again. I love all the beautiful details and you used such nice colours. I'm very enthusiastic. And the stamps are very great too.
LG Petra

Romy said...

Wow oh wow! What can I say without repeating myself for the 1000th time? I'm just blown away by your incredibly gorgeous lay-outs time after time. This one is so very pretty! I love all the girly accents. Plus your stamps are amazing too!

Bonjourscrap said...

Gorgeous layout as always ! And I love these new stamps !

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous layout Gabi! Congrats on the new stamps!! I have all the old ones lol!And your stencils! Sheesh going to need another room if you don't stop designing! Hugs! xo

Unknown said...

OMG! OMG! This has got to be the most beautiful kit yet!!!! I am on my way over to Scrapbook Diaries right now!!! Well done my friend!

Patty O'Malley said...

What a beautifully feminine layout/kit! It must be such a thrill to have your own stamp line as well!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Wow Gabbi, this post is packed with great ideas and information. Although, i do love to sketch, i would certainly enjoy that haute couture stamp, but i so love your textured stamps and would use them ad nauseum until someone asked me to stop. Lol. Hugs.

Nancy Dynes said...

Another masterpiece, Gabrielle!! What an elegant, feminine page you have created. You've included a wonderful plethora of embellishments and texture, and everything works together perfectly!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Lizzyc said...

Hi! Another gorgeous layout! Love the cute mushrooms! Love the flowers! Love your new stamps too!

Unknown said...

As always very beautiful! I love the new stamps sets you show in this post. Gorgeous!

Kathy G. said...

Beautiful layout Gabi! The Kit looks Amazing. I love your new stamps. Can't wait to order them.

Kathy Bradley said...

So very gorgeous and the design is lovely. The papers, flowers and chippies are wonderful and I like the strip of burlap in the background. Your new stamps are awesome - all of them!

GTNana said...

Love this lo...you do such interesting things all over the page. I need to follow your lead and not clump my stuff together! TFS.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Absolutely gorgeous Gabi!!! My fave colors and love those mushrooms. Such darling details like the wood chips and texture background. To my #1 Designer thanks for the inspiration and push that keeps me going.
Love & Hugs!!!!!!!!

Marisa Kol said...

Gabi, do you sell your stamps wholesale, I have a store in Australia and love your work...seen them on Scrapbook Diaries and wondered how to retail them here? Love to hear from you. Marisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails