Thursday, June 11, 2015

NEW Mixed Media Video Tutorial! {Shimmerz Paints & Dusty Attic}


So I recently got my design team package from Dusty Attic and was so thrilled to see these gorgeous pearl strand chippies (Elegant Pearls)....and started dreaming up fun ways to use them! At the same time a dear friend sent me some really pretty Prima blossoms and shabby chic resins (Thanks so much Kimberly Lau, you are such a sweet heart!), a cluster of which were a pretty pinkish poppy design to them (From Fairy Belle collection).....so I thought I would also incorporate the New Poppies chippies from Dusty Attic as well into the page design to mimic their soft colors.

Dusty Attic Products:
~ Elegant Pearls
~ Poppies
~ Vine Frame #1
~ Word Pack #14

Once I decided on the chipboard pieces I would use, I thought about what color combination I would like to put together for my page.  I decided I wanted some soft pinks with peaches and a hint of soft green. So I chose the following Shimmerz Paints products for my page design.....


As I often like to do when making up a mixed media page, I thought I'd do a video tutorial so show step by step how this page was made. Time to grab yourself a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial today.  Here are a few close-ups of the page design that you can view at your leisure....


I used a piece of corrugated cardboard between my paper layers to leave a little room to tuck my embellishments.


I used a Faber Castell black Pitt pen to draw out the Poppy petal designs on all my chipboard pieces before I began to add my color wash using a paint brush and Shimmerz paints. You can also see some  of the stamp work I used to create my background design...one of which is my new Crackle/Peeled Paint texture Stamps (you can find my stamps at The Scrapbook Diaries HERE.


I just love these cute blooms from Prima's Fairy Belle collection, I thought they added just the nice feminine touch combined with the Dusty Attic Elegant Pearls.


Here's a close-up of the other cluster of poppies....and you can see close-up some of the paint wash and stamping I did to create my background design.


I just love all the NEW Word Packs Dusty Attic has come out with!  They are just the perfect size and have such a pretty delicacy.  For me, size is key, because I tend to have a habit of making up my whole page design and then later trying to figure out how I'm going to add in my title! :)

You can order Dusty Attic Chipboard online at the following places:
The Scrapbook Diaries (USA...ships Internationally)
Dusty Attic Website (Australia....ships Internationally)

NOTE:  You can purchase Shimmerz Paint Products directly from their website HERE. Be sure to mention my name 'Gabrielle' in the 'Instructions to Merchant/Seller' part of your order to get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz paint product in the color of your choice!

Also before I finish here today, I wanted to remind everyone about the awesome monthly challenge we run at Dusty Attic!  Use Dusty Attic chipboard and the inspiration board for the month (see below) on your next project....be sure to link you project at the Dusty Attic blog (see right side column) and you will have a chance at winning the SUPER generous prize of a $100.00 gift certificate to purchase your favorite Dusty Attic chipboard at the DA website!


I hope you enjoyed todays project and hope that my video tutorial will provide you with some inspiration in creating your own mixed media scrapbook page!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, your kind comments and feedback always make my day! xo


15 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous layout, Gabi! Love those poppies. I always enjoy watching your video tutorials, too.

Jan said...

You never cease to amaze me. Another amazing project thank you xx Jan

Four11Lady said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout and a BEAUTIFUL young lady in the picture! Great project and a fantastic video...........thanks for sharing.

Romy said...

Absolutely gorgeous lay-out with so many wonderful datils1 I just love how you created the beautiful background and I aslo really like what you did with the floral chippies. it is all amazing!

Maureen Killen said...

Your techniques and disciplines amaze and inspire. Thank you.
Maureen xxx

Unknown said...

Those look like real pearls.... wow - Gabrielle - this is STuNNINGLY BEAUtiFUL. Just love it all.... going back to look again! j.

Janene said...

Once again you totally rocked another page! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Beverley said...

Ahhh, what a happy time I have just had watching your video Gabi! Loved watching you transform those poppies!!, and am going to try your shadow technique. Thank-you once again. xx

Lizzyc said...

Hi! This is definitely a favourite of mine..must love the prettiness of this! But most of all I love how you transformed the blankness of the poppy chipboard into happy poppy faces, just love the outlining and colouring of those chip pies! Really beautiful layout! And thank you for coming by my blog too, I really do get such a buzz when I know you have been by!

jenny said...

so so beautiful Gabrielle. I could watch you work all day long.
I wish you could persuade someone in the uk to stock your stamps.

Thankyou for you amazing inspiration.

Unknown said...

I'm in total agreement with Jenny Back.. I could and do watch your videos all the time. You inspire SO many people and bring so much creative vibes to the art world.

mamablitger said...

As I've told you many times : I adore and LOVE your work. Your layouts and canvases, book covers etc.. All what you have shared so far is absolutely STUNNING !!! You are my fave source for inspiration.
Thank you so MUCH.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous and creative work Gabi. I so love the details and colors. Love all the products used for this layout. I always must have at least one of these beautiful products such as Dusty Attic chipboard. Thanks for inspiring me today and always. Your the BEST!
Huggies!!!

SussiPoppins said...

This time...I stopped to say hi...always have fun visiting your blog. Hugs

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Amazing LO, fantastic inspiring video!! Loved every second of it, - I am completely in awe about what you did to those poppy chippies, so, so clever, but the whole LO is is just incredible, - thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails