Thursday, April 9, 2015

Elongated Steampunk Canvas VIDEO TUTORIAL {Dusty Attic & Shimmerz Paints}


Hi All! I'm thrilled to bring to you today a new VIDEO TUTORIAL using a unique elongated canvas and some really fun Dusty Attic Chipboard and Shimmerz Paints products! I've always wanted to try doing one of these long canvas's and I found myself one in a nice manageable size for my first try, this is a 4x12 inch Artist Loft Canvas that I found at my local Michaels Craft store.


Here are some of the Dusty Attic products I used to create this canvas design:

~-Decorative Frame #1
~ Nuts & Bolts, Hinges
~ Pen Nibs
~ Cogs #1
~ Mini Cogs
~ Mini View Finders
~ Chains, Corner Flourish #3
~ Decorative Keyhole
~ Dusty In Color Cranberry (on heart)
~ Dusty in Bloom Mini Roses



I was going for a metalic/verdigris look for this one so I chose these colors and products for this project:
~ Mandarin Mai Tai Coloringz
~ Olive Branch Spritz
~ A Shade of Grey Coloringz
~ Chocolate Brownie Coloringz
~ Before the Dawn Coloringz
~ Ride the Tide Creameez
~ Miner Miner 49er Inklingz
~ Giddy about Green Inklingz

I will take you through the whole process of creating this project, from making the heart centerpiece embellishment to layering on all these lovely paint products.  So grab yourself a cup of coffee/or tea, relax and enjoy!....



I hope you enjoyed watching my step by step on creating this canvas!  Here are a few close-ups of my page .....


Close-up of the air dry clay heart I made as centerpiece for this project as well as some of the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces I used to make up the canvas design.


I added some textures with molding paste and some stencils and used the Shimmerz NEW 'Ride the Tide' Creameez and 'Giddy About Green' Inklingz with 'Miner Miner 49er' Inklingz to get the verdigris (aged metal) look.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! You can order your paint products at the Shimmerz Paint Store HERE.   Remember if you would like to have a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice, just put my name 'Gabrielle' in the 'Instructions to Merchant/Seller' part of your next order!  xo

Dusty Attic products can be ordered directly from their website (Australia) HERE, or another source in North America is at The Scrapbook Diaries HERE, Janene (owner of The Scrapbook Diaries) has recently added loads of new Dusty Attic product to her shop! xo


24 comments:

Anna.Nieva said...

It's just gorgeous! Thank you so much for your tutorials! Hope some day I can do at least some hint on your works :)

gotnails said...

Hi Gabi, I love your project. I the chipboard heart from Dusty Attic?

Juliz Design Post said...

A fantastic video, thoroughly enjoyed watching.
TFS, Julie x

Olesya Andreyeva said...

You are my inspiration for this kind of art!Thank you!

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Gabrielle,
I am inspired by this. I'll do a "Maureen" version this weekend!! Thanks for the inspiration.
Maureen x

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Yes! Lol....I realized after that I forgot to add that to my list....then I went to look for it at the DA website and couldn't find it. I will get Jennifer Hedger to post it and will list the name of the chippie here soon as I get it. Thanks!

Romy said...

Gosh, your mixed media skills really make me envious! This is so so so stunning!

Janie said...

So lovely, composition and color, the best. Thank you for sharing.

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh, how I love this! It is beautiful! Thanks for a tutorial--I really enjoyed seeing it come together.

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous canvas - and beautiful colors! I have supplies to work on a steampunk canvas - and will eventually work up to it. As always, your work is gorgeous and your tutorials are always awesome and helpful. Thanks for sharing.

smokeysmom said...

Fabulous! You are such a talented artist...love your work :)

Janene said...

Love it! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Createology said...

Steampunk is so enchanting and this is so beautiful. Creative Bliss...

Margaret Mifsud said...

Your work is stunning!! Absolutely gorgeous canvas and fantastic video!! Love, love, love it!! xx

Lizzyc said...

I ate my lunch watching your tute ! Loved watching you create, each layer, each bit if texture. Love the end result of your canvas! Thanks for sharing the video,

mamablitger said...

Gabriella... Each time I see that you posted something I look forward to open your mail and see what you shared. So far I never got disaapointed. And today really hits my heart. I LOVE steampunk. And you are the master of that style ( to me YOU are the master ). I still now and then see your video tuto about a steampunk book cover on You Tube. I LOVE that video.
Thank you for taking time to share. It means a lot to me.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Such a stunning piece - I'm awed by that lovely combination of colours and your steampunk feel!

Unknown said...

Wow Gabrielle - I'm ready to try an elongated canvas now. Just love this. And, of course, your tutorials are always great. Thank you so much. Just beautiful work. j

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi there Gabi! What a gorgeous project of mixes media. Love the tut and details. Totally fab! Keep your inspiring work coming Love it!
Huggies!!

Barbara Ann said...

Your work is so inspiring. I have tried to incorporate some mixed media in my cards and recently did my first canvas thanks to your inspiration.

Unknown said...

I really love this Gabrielle! I am always amazed at your creativity!

Sandy said...

I love your make - I wish my messes could be so pretty!!
Sandy xx

Jeanne said...

This video blew me away! I've always thought Steampunk is terrific, but to actually see how you've done this project is inspiring. Thank you! Jeanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails