Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mixing and Matching Collections {Bo Bunny Primrose and The Avenues}


 
I have this photo that was taken of me and my little great-niece Kiera that I've been meaning to scrap for some time now.  I wanted the page to be soft and feminine with a feeling of 'home' about it.  For the soft and femine, I reached for the Primrose collection and for the home elements I chose to add in papers from The Avenues collection.  I love the way pink looks with gold, so I chose the gold zig-zag paper from The Avenues collection as the matting for my background paper, and then I cut a pretty window/door design and clock from some of the other Avenues papers to add a 'homey' feel to the page. 

 
I love how the flowers from the Bo Bunny Clover Dahlia's pack goes with the Primrose papers!  And that fabric bloom with the pretty button has to be among my most favorite blooms ever!  As I was creating my floral cluster I added some cheese-cloth bits to give a more tattered look and finished it with the cute wood washer from the Primrose Button collection.

 
For my title I used one of the ornate chipboard pieces from the Primrose 12x12 chipboard and added a few of the little banners underneath.  I really love the 'Garden' paper for the beautiful and intricate labels on the back.  Not only are they great for titles but the ornate designs can be cut and used as page accents in areas where you want to add a little more interest to the page (I did this on the left and right sides of the pink pink dot paper).

 
As always I LOVE to use the butterfly paper for fussy cutting and adding whimsical accents to the page.   I also did a bit of inking and stamping in the corners of my page, using the Bo Bunny 'It is Written Stamp', I then layered on a flourish design with a stencil and home made texture paste.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
 
Patterned Paper:  Stripe, Clocks, Doors/The Avenues;  Cottage, Garden, Bliss, Dot/Primrose
12x12 Chipboard: Primrose
Buttons: Primrose
Trinkets: Modern Miss
Blossoms: Dahlia/Clover
Jewels: Primrose
Washi Tape: Primrose
Stamps: It Is Written (Large Stamps)
Other:  Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Paint, Prima Flourish Stencil, Home-made texture paste ( you can find the recipe HERE), the small bud clusters where from some old silk blooms. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I so much appreciate all the sweet comments, I read them all and answer them as well! xo
 

12 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Always fantastic and beautiful, Gabi! Love this! The texture created with the mask is so pretty as well as the fabric flower.

ScrappyHorses said...

Your art is sooooo beautiful! I could sit and look at your blog all day and never tire of the creativity! Your videos are fantastic and inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us; it is so kind of you!

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful as usual, dear Gabi! The door and window and the butterflies are amazing.
xxx Evelyn

Liz's creative corner said...

Another gorgeous, beautiful creation hun, so full of gorgeous detail and made with love I think, I could look at your creations for hours!!! hugs Liz xx

Paula Calvanico said...

Gorgeous Gabi <3 Love the colors, the layers, great piece. Beautiful pic of you both, what a little doll :)

Paula

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle
Gorgeous is your creation with the soft colors butterfly's and this beautiful picture, your niece Kiera is adorable.
Hugs, Danoesja

Romy said...

You really know how to work magic with the gorgeous Primrose collection, also when mixing it with other collections! This lay-out is truly gorgeous and so sweet!

Niece said...

Another beauty! You are simply amazing. How on earth do you produce one gorgeous thing after another? I love watching for anything you do.

Denise

Lizzyc said...

Wow this is stunning, very pretty and yes very homely too.. I love the primrose papers and they look wonderful here.. love the butterflies and also LOVE that lace.. really adds such a feminine touch.. really beautiful layout...

Sandi Clarkson said...

Can't sleep … so I'm blog hopping! And loving this wonderfully home-y but feminine page! Sigh!

Sue said...

Just beautiful. I am always awe-struck at the level of detail you manage to achieve and yet the layouts never look fussy or overdone. I really like the way you've used the texture paste to create even more interest.

Becky said...

WOW..Another fabulous page. I just love all the beautiful little details you use.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails