Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wearable Art the Webster's Pages Way!

I thought I would have some fun with some of my Webster's Pages Embellishments.  Webster's Pages is coming out with all these beautiful new cameo's to go with all of their newest collections, so I thought I would play with a cameo, and take it off the page and create some wearable art!  The first one I want to show you is a Fabric Cuff.  I made this by layering a few fabrics (first layer is a felt strip, then a layer of cheese cloth, then a piece of lightweight canvas)  I added some lace on the edges and machine stitched it all together. 
 
I added some lace accents.  (Note:  I stamped some scripted words on the canvas for added design, I used the Webster's Pages Unity stamp called 'Beauty').  I adhered the WP Cameo and added some Websters Pages Dazzle-me-Gems.  Here is the cuff layed out so you can see the whole design....
Think of all the amazing cuffs you can make using some of the newest Websters Pages Silhouettes (Cameos)....here is an example of just a few of the newest Cameo's coming out with the new collections...



The second bracelet I made is super simple and fun to do.  I thought I would do something with Sparklers because Websters Pages has a fun challenge going on right now using Sparklers on your projects (If you'd like to play along and have a chance at a nice WP prize you can find the challenge details HERE)  All you need is a strip of lightweight netting (I got mine off the roll at a fabric store), Some Websters Pages Sparklers (I used the Mauve Medallions) and a few pink beading pearls.   
1. Cut a piece of netting about 2" x  20".  Fold in half lengthwise and machine stitch to create casing. 
NOTE:  Start your casing about 6 inches in and double back when you begin the machine stitched run, continue to stitch right to the end of the casing but do not double back at the end.  Leave a nice long tail of thread (you will use this thread with a needle to get the pearls onto the netting on the outside) ...Turn the casing inside out so that the raw edge is inside.
2. You will begin with a pearl on the outstide of the netting....the Sparklers will go on the inside of the casing. 
3.  You add the pearl beads on the outside by stringing a needle onto the left-over thread from sewing the casing.  It takes a little finessing but if the bead has a decent size hole and the netting is fine enough the bead will slip over the netting.  Another option is to use a decorative DMC floss and tie off the netting between each Sparkler. 
If you cannot find some of these Websters Pages products at your local scrap stores, you can let your store owner know that you'd like to have them carried there....or you can order directly online from the Websters Pages Website ... Thanks for stopping by today! xx 

16 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

These are FABULOUS!
When I first saw the cameos I said to myself,These are to PRETTY for PAPER! Thanks for the inspiration!

~Kristina said...

The seahorse embellishment is sensational. A new must-have for sure.

Love crafts forever said...

That is just GORGEOUS!!!
Hugs Nataliya

Sue said...

What a fantastic idea Gabrielle and so pretty.

Renee V said...

Wow these are both so amazing!!! Beyond beautiful!!!!!! Is there anything you can't do??????!!!!!!!

Romy said...

You aren't only a star when it comes to layouts, but you do fabulous cards and altered items as well! The jewelry looks even prettier than the premade jewelry they sell in stores. Your DD's are so lucky:)

Jane said...

OMW!!! Wow! these are both stunning! you're so clever!! hugs, Jane x

kantig34 said...

Just amazing how creative you are! Thanks for being so generous with your ideas! I love this blog!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Simply gorgeous! What fantastic ideas!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Gabi - this idea is DIVINE!!! Love the sparkler bracelet - so sweet and delicate! Hope you are doing well, sweets! :)

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Can't wait to get my hands on some of the lovely Webster's Pages cameos! Also, Gabi....BIG CONGRATS on your 1,000,000 posts!!!

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

Those are sooo cool! I will have to share this with my friend who has a daughter she would love these!!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

ooooh I love this ! The first one is just gorgeous !!!!!!

jacirascrap said...

Seus braceletes são fabulosos!!Aliás, seu blog é fabuloso!!

ingrid said...

gosh...you are so creative!!!! those are just fabulous!! xxx

Renee V said...

Gabi do you sell these anywhere?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails