Monday, January 5, 2009

January Kits for My Creative Scrapbook are SOOO YUMMY!!!

I was so thrilled to be working with the January kits for My Creative Scrapbook!! The main kit is such a beautiful collection of shimmery, glittery heavy stock paper's (the Laundry collection from My Minds Eye) and the goodies added to these kits are just amazing! Layered shimmer blooms, smokey colour crystals by Prima, beautiful chipboard accents, lovely co-ordinating rub-on's, awesome swirly frame overlays by Hambly and more!....you have to see these to believe them! Here are a couple of layouts I made using the main kit.....
To make this page I drew a partial circle to the side of my photo and then machine stitched a diamond pattern into the paper. I then used some of the irridescent sequins that are attached to the green ribbon that comes with the kit and attached them with some soft blue seed beads. I used some gold dimensional paint and Stickles (colour~Waterfall) to make the 'diamond' border. I also added some dots of the blue Stickles (glitter glue) to the sheer white bloom, then hand-cut the pink centre bloom from one of the papers in the kit and attached with pop-dots. I added the little 'birdie' rub-on in the kit and extended the branch to the edge of the page with a brown pen and drew on a few leaves, and filled these with green Stickles. Here are some close up photo's.....



Here is another page I made using the January Main kit......


The pink 'lacey' background paper on this page is actually just some pink cardstock on which I lightly stamped a floral design with white ink (stamp is one of the Prima stamps that comes with the Build a Frame collection) I then lightly inked the edges with a darker pink ink to add a little depth to the design. I used a scissor edge to lightly score the edges of the polka-dot paper and then tore a section out of the bottom half and put another patterned paper peeking out of the part I tore off. I then added some corset stitching across the whole tear. To make the bloom I seperated the top sheer layer from the Petaloo bloom and added a hand-cut pink bloom underneath (simply cut from pink cardstock) to give the bloom a pink shimmer. Here are some close-up pics....


The January Creative Kit for My Creative Scrapbook is a beautiful collection of vibrant colorful papers with lovely co-ordinating rub-ons and chipboard stickers, this kit is filled with fun goodies.....Here is a page I made with this kit....
I hand-cut a lot of the green petals from the We R Memory Keepers "white-out" collection papers, added some green Stickles to the edges and used them for the centre bloom and for the fan design beside the photo. I used some gold dimensional pain and some aqua Stickles to create the 'vine' design to the right of the photo. The branch pattern to the left of the photo was cut from a paper in the kit and attached with pop dots. This page was quick and fast to put together. Here's some close up pic's......





And if that isn't enough, check out the Gorgeous Add-on kit for this month. It features the new collection from Webster's Pages called 'Hello Beautiful'.....this kit is packed with lovely papers and yummy embellies, loads of pearly embossed blooms plus larger fabric blooms in a variety of colours! An awesome CD case filled with co-ordinating journaling cards, pretty Prima crystal flourishes, lovely rub-ons and the cutest green 'vine' ribbon, pretty lace and a glowing strand of pearls. Here are some layouts I made with this kit......
The small white blooms have this lovely pearl finish and there are loads in this kit! I simply inked the tips with some Colorbox Garnet ink, then I gently curled up the petals between my thumb and forefinger to give the blooms some dimension. I attached them with 2 sided-sticky tape to the vine ribbon and used some fuscia colour dimensional paint for the centres. Again, the background burgundy paper is simply cardstock to which I added some white stamping as I described above. Here are some close up photos.....




Another Page I made with this kit I used a favourite photo of my parents when they first came to Canada from Germany. I love the way the papers in this kit work with vintage photos.....




Thanks for having a peek!
~Gabrielle xx

40 comments:

Mireille said...

hon.. really...
when I grow up I hope I will be a truly amasing artist like you are...
This simply is beyond amasing!

Peggy said...

wow, nothing more to say really, just wow!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Wow, Your work is incredible. Have you been published?
Thanks for the inspiration.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Debbie Sherman said...

Everything is gorgeous Gabrielle!! Fabulous!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh wow!! All that beautiful work. I just can`t stop looking at all the georgeus details. Love all the colours and how you put it all together is just amazing.
Hugs, Yvonne.

Vicki said...

Another collection of stunning creativity, my friend! The details are amazing. I especially love the LO of your parents.

Amber (tink13) said...

wow I love all of the layouts. I love the folded flowers in the top left corner of the second layout.

~Amber~

Unknown said...

All I can say is: WOW!

Sandie said...

Stunning work again Gabi, there is seriously no limits to your creativity girl xx

said...

Goodness Girl, everything you create is just Glorious!!! Absolute perfection every time!!!

Scrappin' Mama said...

OMG Gabi... once again you amaze me. You work always has me in awe!!! I love all the detail... I can only hope to learn from you and perhaps create such amazing work...

Melissa said...

LOL....All the girls have said it before me.I just wanted to say, that I have had my Gabrielle fix now....LOL....Now I can go and wait another 4 weeks.
Ps...I love the stitching on the LO.Gorgeous

Stine66 said...

WOW - TOTALLY WOW ... and then I have to pick up my chin that landed on the floor... You make the MOST fantastic Lo's...

Jane F. Smith said...

I wish I had half your talent!!! your amazing my friend and the detail on these pages is stunning and so creative!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Wow, you have been a busy girl, I honestly still have to pick my jaw up off the floor when I visit your blog, the stiching and sequins, the dimensional paint details, the beautifully handcrafted embellies- all so perfectly cohesive and so uniquely you, Happy new year my friend, to you and your family XXX

Judit V said...

Wow,wow,wow!! These are gorgeous...love all the details!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabi! So happy to see some new pages posted! I stalk your blog you know!
Your work is just stunning! I'm in awe!!
Happy New Year!!

phamil said...

WOW Gabi!!! You've really outdone yourself here! I don't know where to begin. That diamond stitching is stunning. The distressing and inking and little extra touches are fabulous! I love your photos, I totally love the Webster's page, all the stickles, the cutting, just WOW!!! I'm amazed and wowed!

Julia said...

I am left speechless at your amazing work Gabi. I never tire of looking at it. WTG girl you are a brilliant artist.

Lynn Biermann said...

Gabi,
Wows such beautiful work! i just love all your details! I think you have inspired me to become a better scrapbooker! Just looking at your work makes me want to scrap!!!Thanks for all the continued inspiration!!

nikki said...

i was just blown away by those layouts when i saw them....GORGEOUS work, darlin'!!! i really love the way you played around with the stickles on some elements...stunning work!!! love it all!!

michele said...

trying to leave love again...love the unique stitching on the first LO but QUIRKY is my fave LO of the bunch. Congrats on the new DT.

Krissy said...

you have to be the only scrapbooker I know who can leave me completely speechless. WOW Gabs. Just when I think you couldn't possibly out-do yourself, you do this. WOW.

Sally said...

I just had to leave a comment. I have been following your blog since seeing you on the Inspiration Blog, and your work is just fantastic. Such an inspiration. I completely love your style.

Susan said...

Your January work is simply stunning! I love all the little details that you always add...the stitching, the distressing...and the swirls and bling. I see you're loving making your own blooms...Beautiful, beautiful work, my friend!!!
Hugs!!
Susan

Robbie said...

Wow Gabi!!! Your pages always blow me away! This month was no exception! There are always such beautiful details on each of your pages! I can't say enough about how much I love the stitching with the beads and sequins! BEAUTIFUL!! Wonderful work!!!

Jane Smith said...

Gabrielle, your work is sooooo delicious...absolutely stunning..just thought I'd say hi..I'll be back!! Xjs

Meg Giroux said...

Gabrielle....
These pages are 3 things: AMAZING, STUNNING, and GGORGEOUS!!!

Holy smokes girl, you are INSANELY TALENTED!!!!

Thanks for so much inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is wow!!!

Cindy said...

Wow Gabrielle! I know I've already commented on these at SB, but I had to get a closer look. Your attention to detail is outstanding!! I especially love the diamond stitching, incredible work and so unique!
Thanks for inspiring the rest of us!
Cindy :)

Veronica Goh said...

These are beautiful!! I love all the fine details!

By the way, I've given you an award. Check out my blog - http://scrappychic-pages.blogspot.com/

Sheri said...

Your layouts are unbelievable! I hope that one day I do half as well as you!

redmom said...

Each piece is stunning!! The little details you add to each layout is amazing!!

debi said...

You're always doing something amazing and beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Gabi!!!! I am SPEECHLESS!!! I'm am amazed by your art work!!! The detail you put into all of your lo's is outragous!!!!! STUNNING~~~!!!!! I love the stitching & beading on the top lo! I can say every lo on here is into my FAVS!!!! You have so inspired me to step up my game LOL!!!! LOVELY! LOVELY! lovely!!!!!
PS- i've got a blog award for you over at my place! ;-}

~Heidi~

nikki said...

first off...the first layout with the diamond stitching and the sequins....AMAZING....absolutely beaitiful...i fell in love with that lo the second i seen it...the creativity and techniques on it are strunning.....and your other layouts have such wonderful and pretty creativity and beauty ....your style is truly unique and VERY admirable....:o)

*El Rincon de Sandy* said...

Unfurtunaly My English is not Good Enough to tell you how AMAZED I AM!!! your pages, your work is gorgeus!! I love it!! It is such an inspiration! My dauther soon is going to Be 15 years old, And As Colombians do, She is goin to have her special party, it is like sweet 16 in USA, I want to make and Scrapbook full of butterflies .. And I found many in your layouts...
Ohhh. I wish I had your hands!!
hugs
Sandu

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ said...

I am beyond impressed... I can't tell you how in awe I am at your work!

I've always love the look at sewing on layouts but have not ventured to do it myself... that top layout with the diamond pattern however has inspired me and I would like to use that same pattern idea on a layout of my son's first time in the snow... I hope you don't mind!!

I'll be following your blog from now on! I love your work!!

Paola said...

Gorgeous!! Stunning! Magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful, and visually so rich that I can't even take in all of the detail at once.

You remind me of what I love about this art medium. I make cards, but haven't done that for a couple of years. You make me want to begin again, immediately!!

Really wonderful!
Jocelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails